- Safety considerations for providing basic life support
- Precautions to take in the lead up to providing basic life support
- The initial assessment that is carried out
- The recovery position for adult, child and infant
- Performing CPR (with and without rescue breaths) for adult, child and infant
- How to handover CPR to someone else
- Using an AED on an adult and child
- Managing a choking adult, child and infant
- A maximum of 12 participants can be accommodated on the course to ensure quality of teaching.
- There are practical elements to this course so each participant will need to complete a health declaration form.
- Each learner will receive a workbook which they will complete throughout the duration of the course.
- Each person will need to complete a theory assessment and a practical assessment to pass the course.
- Successful participation of the course and all the assessments will result in certification which is valid for 1 year.
Please note that this course does not make you a qualified first aider. If this is what you are looking for, please see our other First Aid courses.
Half-day - 4 hours
4 hours for up to 12 participants: £299
All courses booked require a 50% deposit to secure your date, please see our terms and conditions for further details.