- What is personal data?
- The purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- The agreed ways of working and legislation regarding the recording, storing and sharing of information
- The importance of having secure systems for recording, storing and sharing information
- How to keep records that are up to date, complete, accurate and legible
- When and how to safely share information
- The Caldicott Principles
- People’s rights and exemptions
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR)
- The Freedom of Information Act
- The role of the Data Protection Officer (DPO) in the GDPR
- How, and to whom, to report to when agreed ways of working have not/are not being followed
- A maximum of 12 participants can be accommodated on the course to ensure quality of teaching.
- Each learner will receive a workbook which they will complete throughout the duration of the course.
- Each person will need to complete a theory assessment.
- Successful participation of the course and all assessments will result in certification which is valid for 1 year.
Half-day - 4 hours
4 hours for up to 12 participants: £249
All courses booked require a 50% deposit to secure your date, please see our terms and conditions for further details.
Any discounts will be applied at the point of invoicing.