This course takes place in the morning, lasts 4 hours and covers:
- Personal obligations as an employee and that of their employers with regard to fire safety.
- The legal aspects of fire safety.
- The principles of fire.
- Common causes of workplace fires and how fires spread through buildings.
- Fire prevention and protection, detection and warning including fire classifications and types of firefighting equipment.
- Extinguishing fires and emergency arrangements including means of escape from fire and what to do on discovery of fire.
This course is in addition to the morning session, it is delivered in the afternoon, lasts 4 hours and covers:
- The role and responsibilities of a fire marshal.
- Legislation in more detail.
- Conducting fire risk assessments.
- Carrying out fire safety inspections.
- Designing the emergency evacuation plans.
- How to support with emergency evacuations.
- Using fire equipment including fire blankets and fire extinguishers.
- A maximum of 12 participants can be accommodated on the course to ensure quality of teaching.
- Each learner will receive a workbook which they will complete throughout the duration of the course.
- Each person will need to complete a theory assessment (this applies to both the full and the half-day course).
- Successful participation of the course and all the assessments will result in certification which is valid for 1 year.
- A refresher should be completed by all employees at least every 12 months, or if there are any series changes to the working environment.
Half-day - 4 hours
Full-day - 7 hours
The full day is inclusive of two 15-minute breaks and a 30-minute lunch break (please note lunch is not provided).
Half-day for up to 12 participants: £249
Full-day for up to 12 participants: £399
All courses booked require a 50% deposit to secure your date, please see our terms and conditions for further details.
Any discounts will be applied at the point of invoicing.