- Why food safety important
- Which foods cause illness
- Who is most at risk of illness from foods
- The roles of responsibilities of those preparing and serving food and drink including personal hygiene and appropriate use of PPE
- The importance of food safety measures when providing food and drink for individuals
- Food safety legislation
- How to maintain hygiene when handling food and drink including controlling physical contamination and detecting contaminants.
- The importance of meeting safety requirements when preparing and serving food and drink including allergic contamination
- How to meet safety requirements when clearing away food and drink including waste management and cleaning
- How to store food and drink safely including storage, preservation and temperature control
- The importance of food safety management systems
- How to access additional advice or support about food safety
- A maximum of 12 participants can be accommodated on the course to ensure quality of teaching.
- Each learner will receive a workbook which they will complete throughout the duration of the course.
- Each person will need to complete a theory assessment at the end of the course.
- Successful participation of the course and all the assessments will result in certification.
- The certificate is valid for 1 year as knowledge and competence should be assessed at least annually.
Full-day - 7 hours inclusive on two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break (please note lunch is not included).
7 hours for up to 12 participants: £399
All courses booked require a 50% deposit to secure your date, please see our terms and conditions for further details.
Any discounts will be applied at the point of invoicing.