- The legislation relating to general health and safety in a work setting
- The main points of organisational health and safety policies and procedures
- The main health and safety responsibilities of staff, the employer and others in the workplace
- The tasks relating to health and safety that should not be carried out without specialist training
- How to access additional support and information relating to health and safety
- Different types of accidents and sudden illness that may occur in the work setting
- Assessing the health and safety risks posed by work settings, situations or activities
- How and when to report health and safety risks
- The procedures to be followed if an accident or sudden illness should occur
- The emergency first aid actions that can and can not be carried out
- Hazardous substances in the workplace including safe practices for storing, using and disposing of
- How to prevent fires from starting or spreading and what to do in the event of a fire
- Staff security, the security of service users, and the security of others in the workplace.
- The common signs and indicators of stress and the circumstances that trigger stress
- Ways to manage stress in the workplace
For healthcare settings the additional subjects will be covered:
- The key pieces of legislation that relate to moving and assisting
- The agreed ways of working in relation to medication
- The agreed ways of working in relation to healthcare tasks
- A maximum of 12 participants can be accommodated on the course to ensure quality of teaching.
- The course involves health and safety documentation, please inform us time of booking if you would like us to use your organisations paperwork.
- Each learner will receive a workbook which they will complete throughout the duration of the course.
- Each person will need to complete a theory assessment.
- Successful participation of the course and all the assessments will result in certification which is valid for 1 year.
- Knowledge and competence should be assessed at least annually.
Full-day - 7 hours inclusive of two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break (please note lunch is not included).
£399 for up to 12 participants
All courses booked require a 50% deposit to secure your date, please see our terms and conditions for further details.
Any discounts will be applied at the time of invoicing.