- The role and responsibilities of the employer and the employee when moving and handling people
- Key legislation relating to the moving and handling of people
- The anatomy of the spine and the consequences of poor moving and handling of people
- The principles of safe moving and handling
- Identifying the hazards of moving and handling people
- Completing risk assessments
- Understanding RIDDOR and other incident reporting
- Safe use of and the correct moving and handling equipment
- A maximum of 12 participants can be accommodated on the course to ensure quality of teaching.
- If choosing the full day course, each participant will be required to complete a health declaration form.
- There are practical elements to the full day course.
- Each learner will receive a workbook which they will complete throughout the duration of the course.
- Each person will need to complete a theory assessment (this applies to both the full and the half-day course).
- There will be an additional practical assessment to pass the full day course.
- Successful participation of the course and all the assessments will result in certification which is valid for 1 year.
Half-day - 4 hours (theory only)
Full-day - 7 hours (theory and practical)
The full day is inclusive of two 15-minute breaks and a 30-minute lunch break (please note lunch is not provided).
4 hours for up to 12 participants: £249
7 hours for up to 12 participants: £399
All courses booked require a 50% deposit to secure your date, please see our terms and conditions for further details.