- The importance of food safety and hygiene in the preparation and handling of food
- The importance of good nutrition and hydration in maintaining health and wellbeing
- The signs and symptoms of poor nutrition and hydration
- How to promote adequate nutrition and hydration
- How to report any concerns and who to report to
- The appropriate temperature food should be provided at and how to check this
- Ensuring food and drink is appropriate and meets the individual's needs
- A maximum of 12 participants can be accommodated on the course to ensure quality of teaching.
- Each learner will receive a workbook which they will complete throughout the duration of the course.
- Each person will need to complete a theory assessment at the end of the course.
- Successful participation of the course and all the assessments will result in certification.
- The certificate is valid for 1 year as knowledge and competence should be assessed at least annually.
Half-day - 4 hours
4 hours for up to 12 participants: £249
All courses booked require a 50% deposit to secure your date, please see our terms and conditions for further details.
Any discounts will be applied at the point of invoicing.