- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Being able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Being able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
- Being able to use an AED
- Being able to provide first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Being able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Knowing how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- Knowing how to provide first aid to a casualty with minor injuries
- A maximum of 12 participants can be accommodated on the course to ensure quality of teaching.
- This course will require each participant to complete a health declaration form.
- There are practical elements to this course.
- Each learner will receive a workbook which they will complete throughout the duration of the course.
- Each person will need to complete a theory and practical assessment to pass the course.
- Successful participation of the full course and all assessments will result in certifications which is valid for 3 years.
Course duration: 7 hours (inclusive of two 15-minute breaks and a 30-minute lunch break. Please note lunch is not provided).
Course cost: £100 per person, payment due at time of booking.