- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Being able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Being able to provide first aid for an infant/child who are unresponsive
- Using an AED on a child
- Being able to provide first aid for an infant/child who are choking
- Being able to provide first aid to an infant/child with external bleeding
- Knowing how to provide first aid to an infant/child who is suffering from shock
- Knowing how to provide first aid to an infant/child with bites, stings and minor injuries
- A maximum of 12 participants can be accommodated on the course to ensure quality of teaching.
- Each participant will be required to complete a health declaration form due to the practical elements of the course.
- Each learner will receive a workbook which they will complete throughout the duration of the course.
- Each person will need to complete a theory assessment and practical assessments to pass the course.
- Successful participation of the course and all the assessments will result in certification which is valid for 3 years.
Full-day (7 hours) inclusive of two 15-minute breaks and a 30-minute lunch break (please note lunch is not provided).
Course cost: £100 per person, payment due at time of booking.