- Dealing with an emergency situation
- How to help a choking infant/child
- How to manage an unresponsive but breathing infant/child
- How to manage an unresponsive and not breathing infant/child
- How to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- How to use an automated external defibrillator (AED) on an infant/child
- How to manage a fever and febrile seizures
- How to manage seizures
- How to manage a head injury
- How to treat burns and scolds
- What to do in the event of a severe allergic reaction
- What to do if an infant/child has swallowed something harmful
- How to manage heavy bleeding
- How to support someone having a nosebleed or an asthma attack
- How to manage suspected meningitis
- How to support broken bones, strains and sprains
- A maximum of 12 participants can be accommodated on the course to ensure quality of teaching.
- This course will require each participant to complete a health declaration form.
- There are practical elements to this course.
- Successful participation of the full course will result in a certificate of attendance you will not be a qualified first aider on completion of this course.
Course duration: 4 hours
Course cost: £40 per person or £65 per couple, please be aware that payment is required at time of booking.